Posted by That's it. on Sep 24th 2019
Did someone say homemade pizza?
Here is a simply delicious fig recipe that’s fantastic for a fun fall dinner party or a cozy night in. The perfect balance of savory and sweet, this onion, goat cheese, and fig pizza is sure to get your taste buds going. Let the pizza making begin!
- 1 ball of pizza dough (store-bought or your favorite recipe)
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 large yellow onions
- 3 - 4 That’s it. Apple + Fig Bars
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500°F
- Cut onions in half, then slice halves lengthwise
- Put 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil OR butter in large pan over medium heat
- Add onion slices gradually until all slices are in the pan
- Reduce to medium/low heat and cook until nice golden brown color (about 15-20min)-- if, while cooking, pan starts to burn/stick, add a little water
- Add salt to taste
- Remove onions from pan and set aside
- Add bacon to pan and cook until crispy, then remove and place on a paper towel
- Coarsely chop up bacon
- Chop That’s it. Apple + Fig Bars into ½ - ¼ inch pieces
- On a floured surface, roll and stretch out dough into 12-14 inch circle (or shape of choice) and transfer to pizza stone or sheet pan
- Drizzle a thin coat of olive oil over dough, then sprinkle caramelized onions, bacon, fig bar pieces, and goat cheese evenly across dough surface
- Place pizza in preheated oven for 15-20 min or until edges are golden brown
- Remove from oven and sprinkle crushed black pepper (to taste) and arugula over pizza top (Optional: drizzle on a little balsamic vinegar, for an added bite)
That’s it, Go Ahead And Try Something Different!
This pizza recipe is yours to run with. Try replacing the goat cheese with gorgonzola, the bacon with prosciutto, or our Apple + Fig That’s it. Bar with another one of our wholesome, 2 ingredient fruit bars, like Apple + Strawberry!