Posted by That's it. on Oct 10th 2019
Both children and adults alike will gobble up these super fun and edible Thanksgiving kids crafts.
Ah, Thanksgiving, a day where one can reflect on all the good in one’s life, all while feasting on a most delicious, often home-cooked, feast of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, and other family favorite dishes. But what to do with the kids while the turkey is cooking? Here are a couple of fun and edible Thanksgiving kids crafts to fill time with while the oven is roasting, pots are bubbling, and skillets are sizzling. Ready to be crafty with food?
Pretzel & That’s it. Truffle Turkeys
- 1 bag of That’s it. Dark Chocolate Truffles (your favorite flavor)
- 1 16oz bag of original flavor pretzel chips
- 1 bag of candy corn
- melting chocolate or white icing
- candied eyes
- orange & red icing (store-bought or your own)
- Slice truffles in half
- Melt melting chocolate and dab a small amount of chocolate to the middle bottom half of the pretzel chip and place truffle half-open fruit side down on to the pretzel (if you do not have melting chocolate, you may use icing as the binder/glue instead)
- Use icing or chocolate to glue on 4-5 candy corn on the upper half of the pretzel, pointed tip facing toward the truffle in an arch/fan
- Use icing or chocolate to glue on 2 candied eyes on
- Pipe a triangle facing down with the orange icing (for the beak) and a red squiggle along the side of the triangle (for the gobbler)
- Let dry, then serve turkeys on a tray
Waffle Cornucopia With Snack Mix
- 4 That’s it. Bars (your favorite flavor)
- ½ cup mini chocolate or carob chips
- ½ cup mini yogurt chips
- 1 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup mini cheese crackers (like Goldfish or Cheddar Bunnies)
- 1 cup Chex or other cereal of your choice
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 box of 12 waffle cones
- 1 bag of melting chocolate or a bar of your favorite chocolate
- orange sprinkles(optional
- ribbon and clear plastic treat bags (optional)
- Melt chocolate in a bowl and dip the rim of waffle cones into the melted chocolate ( about ¼-½ in.)
- Sprinkle sprinkles over the chocolate rims while still wet (optional)
- Set cones on a tray while chocolate is hardening
- Coarsely chop That’s it. bars into ¼ inch pieces
- In a large bowl, mix the: That’s it. Bars pieces, mini yogurt chips, mini chocolate chips, mixed nuts, cheese crackers, and pumpkin seeds together
- Once cones are dry, fill inside of each cone with the dry snack mixture
- Place filled treats in clear plastic goodie bags tied with ribbon and give them out to friends or place them on a serving tray at your fun Thanksgiving get together.
That's it. A Wonderful Way to Say Thanks!
Whether it’s Thanksgiving with family or Friendsgiving with your best mates, these fun and tasty treats will keep the kids busy and show your appreciation for all the special people in your life. We hope you go wild (as a turkey) decorating your sweet fowl friends! With the snack cornucopias, feel free to alter the snack mix to your dietary needs and/or taste preferences. Remember, That's it. fruit snacks are a wonderful addition to your holiday grocery shopping list. Add our fruit bars to stuffings and other savory/sweet appetizers, or serve our dark chocolate truffles as healthy yet decadent after-dinner treats.