Oct 7th 2015
- California produces about 95% of apricots in the U.S.
- Apricots are a member of the rose family.
- Refrigerating apricots will dramatically impair their ripening process. Leave them out at room temperature until they are ripe, then refrigerate them.
- Apricot trees will generally product fruit for 20-25 years.
- Apricots have been around for over 4000 years.
- Apricots are a great source of vitamin A, which aids in improving eye health.
- Apricots are a relative of the peach.
- Apricots do not contain saturated fat, sodium, or cholesterol.