Oct 28th 2016
- There are over 3000 varieties of pears worldwide.
- The majority of pears sold in the United States are grown on the west coast, mainly Oregon and Washington.
- The United States is one of the largest producers of pears in the world.
- A medium pear has about 100 calories.
- Although pears mature on the tree, they ripen best off the tree.
- Every United States pears are picked by hand.
- Pears are one of the few fruits that have an extensive history, reaching back to about 1000 B.C.
- Pears used to be called “butter fruit” for its soft, butter-like texture.
- Pears are a part of the rose family.
- Pear tree wood is often times used to construct musical instruments, furniture, and other wooden décor.
Try a That's it. Apple + Pear Bar or Apple + Pear + Ginger Bar!