Jun 22nd 2016
We've got 10 spicy cayenne pepper facts heating up this blog post! Keep on reading below to find out more.
We love the kick of That's it. Apple + Mango + Chili bars, but here's a few quick facts about our favorite spicy addition.
Cayenne Pepper Facts:
- Cayenne pepper is a type of chili pepper.
- Cayenne pepper originated from South America.
- The cayenne pepper plant grows to about 2-4 feet tall.
- We typically see cayenne pepper in its ground form.
- Immature cayenne pepper is green, which is also known as hot pepper.
- Cayenne peppers are actually hotter when they are more mature, in their red form.
- Cayenne pepper is available all year round.
- Cayenne pepper has been known to be used for medicinal purposes.
- Cayenne pepper is high in capsaicin, which is also an active ingredient in pepper spray.
- Cayenne pepper has many health benefits, one of which includes increasing metabolism to aid weight loss.